Austin Periodontal Disease Treatment
State-of-the-Art Techniques to Take Charge of Your Dental Health
Do you have gum disease? Dr. Anne Lyon offers periodontal treatments in Austin, TX. We are a one-stop dental office to conquer periodontal disease and its symptoms.
If you have periodontal disease, it is critical that you keep a periodontal maintenance schedule that goes beyond twice yearly dental cleanings. At your periodontal maintenance appointment, you can expect our team to provide you with deep cleaning treatments, and scaling and root planing when needed. To make sure your experience and outcomes are truly positive, we use the highest-quality materials, the latest techniques, and pinpointed laser equipment.
Call (512) 488-4778 to learn more about our Austin periodontal disease treatments.
We Offer the Periodontal Services You Need
For more than 20 years, Anne Lyon DDS has been serving patients in the Austin, TX community. We provide periodontal services to keep your soft and hard tissues healthy and functioning.
Our periodontal services include:
- Scaling and Root Planing: These are non-surgical procedures that clean deep below the gum line, removing calculus from the tooth root. The surfaces of the tooth are smoothed to encourage healthy tissue to reattach, reducing pocket depth.
- Bone Grafting: If you have lost bone density in an area of your mouth, we can perform a bone graft. Bone grafting restores bone that has been resorbed due to advanced gum disease.
- Ridge Augmentation: Have you lost one or more teeth? Is the jaw bone ridge uneven or sunken in? We can carefully augment and preserve the ridge with bone grafting techniques.
- Gingivectomy: Performed to reduce the look of a gummy smile, our dental lasers remove gum tissue, leaving a wider, brighter smile.
The Mouth-Body Connection
Giving your mouth the same attention you give the rest of your body will pay off in the long run. Everything in us is essentially connected, and research has shown there's an association between periodontal disease and other conditions such as:
- Diabetes: diabetes reduces the body’s overall resistance to infection. Patients who have it are more likely to have tooth loss and some form of gum disease.
- Heart disease: if you suffer from severe gum damage, you’re more likely to have cardiovascular disease; including heart disease and stroke, than someone with healthy gums. Both conditions additionally share many risk factors, such as smoking and a poor diet.
- Respiratory disease: inflammation in the gum can lead to severe inflammation in the lining of the lungs, which aggravates conditions such as pneumonia.
Call Anne Lyon DDS to schedule an appointment, or to learn more about Austin periodontal disease treatments. Our number is (512) 488-4778.
From Our Happy Patients
When you are looking for the right dentist for you and your family, trust Anne Lyon DDS. We have a solid reputation for staying on the cutting edge of dental technology and providing superior customer service to every patient. Every team member treats our patients with the utmost respect. The end result? Your mouth is healthier and more beautiful under our care and guidance!