Austin Sedation Dentistry
Ease Dental Treatment Anxiety
For many adults and children, a visit to the dentist is a scary thought. Yet it is just as scary to imagine what could happen without regular dental treatment. A sleep dentist can offer sedation dentistry options to alleviate patient worries. This allows the patient to get the dental services he or she needs without fear. Want to know more? Call us!
Signs You or a Loved One May Need a Sleep Dentist
There are many reasons patients may choose to work with our sedation dentist in Austin. Not only does it help people who have dental anxiety, but sedation offers patients a comfortable alternative to traditional dentistry.
Call us at (512) 488-4778 if any of the following ring true:
- You have avoided going to the dentist for years because of dental fear.
- You dislike the sounds of dental offices.
- You have trouble sitting still for long periods of time.
- You have a strong gag reflex.
- You do not like having someone working in your mouth.
- You have very sensitive teeth or gums.
- You had a bad experience at a dental office when you were a child.
Sedation Services We Offer
Anne Lyon DDS offer a number of medical and technological methods for safe, comfortable sleep dentistry. These include:
- Nitrous Oxide: This is the substance referred to as “laughing gas.” Patients breathe nitrous oxide through a special mask during their procedure. The gas creates a temporary state of calmness. When the treatment is finished, the gas is immediately turned off, and the patient quickly returns to normal.
- Local Anesthetic: Local anesthetics are numbing agents that are used in the area where the dentist or hygienist plans to work. The anesthetic works quickly, and the area is completely free of sensation.
- Oral Sedation: Oral medications are taken prior to the start of dental treatment. This medication allows you to relax and feel a state of extreme calm. The effects of oral sedation can last for several hours, and we advise our patients to have someone drive them to and from their dental appointment.
- IV Sedation: This level of sedation is called twilight sleep and is used for some wisdom teeth extractions and for other dental procedures.
- NuCalm: NuCalm is the world's only patented technology proven to solve patient fear and anxiety without drugs. This all-natural, predictable, and easy-to-implement neuroscience solution is used by the world’s top athletes, pilots, dentists, medical practitioners, and cancer treatment centers. NuCalm naturally brings your body to the pre-sleep states characterized by deep relaxation and idleness. To read more about NuCalm, visit their website by clicking here.
Let sedation dentistry in Austin change the way you feel about going to the dentist. Call Anne Lyon DDS today at (512) 488-4778.
When you are looking for the right dentist for you and your family, trust Anne Lyon DDS. We have a solid reputation for staying on the cutting edge of dental technology and providing superior customer service to every patient. Every team member treats our patients with the utmost respect. The end result? Your mouth is healthier and more beautiful under our care and guidance!
My worries are gone now- Sarah P
Great Dental Care- Julie K
I Always Feel At Home- Yolonda R
I Couldn't Have Been Happier- Sherrie M
Amazing Place- Tatianna B